15 Apr Baltimore, Have You Met Coffee, the Great Defender?
Coffee’s reputation has changed.
The Baltimore beverage is no longer seen as harmful and damaging to your health. In fact, the International Agency for Research on Cancer determined, after reviewing 1000 previously completed studies, that coffee cannot be classified as a cause of cancer anymore.
Now, there is one more reason to add to the list of why it is beneficial. Recent research performed by the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health found that “people with colorectal cancer (CRC) who drank at least four cups of coffee per day after their diagnosis had a significantly lower risk of early death – from either their cancer or any cause – than those who didn’t drink coffee.”
Let’s take a look at five other reasons why the hot, caffeinated beverage is more than just an energy boost.
- decreases the likelihood of developing heart disease, lowers your risk of type 2 diabetes, fights depression, decreases the likelihood of developing Parkinson’s disease, and helps your liver;
- reduces the chance of developing dementia or cognitive impairment in women 65-80 (2 to 3 cups per day);
- can decrease pain sensitivity in those with chronic pain;
- reduces the risk of developing oral, pharynx, liver, prostate, and endometrial cancer, and melanoma;
- increases the chance of living longer when compared to non-coffee drinkers (3 cups per day).
Those are some spectacular benefits. Fortunately, there is an easy way to make sure that your Baltimore employees have access this great protector while at work—offer coffee service in the office breakroom. When developing specialty coffee service, consider the following:
- brewing systems: single-cup brewer, pour-over brewer, or automatic brewer
- beans (source and roasting process): locally roasted, national brands (value & specialty), and espresso
- cream & sugar trends: dairy and non-dairy creamers, and sweeteners
- other beverage options: hot tea, hot chocolate, and water filtration
And don’t forget to offer your Baltimore employees healthy snacks and beverages to enjoy with their favorite cup of joe. Whether it’s combining coffee service with vending service or a micro-market, Jel-Cap Vending can help. Contact us at 410.298.8363 for more information.